Bereavement Gift

This last week has been a long one.  I had a friend that lost her 44 year old husband unexpectedly.  His passing was quite a shock to everyone.  I wanted to do something for her so I started thinking about what I could take over to the house.

I was surfing the web looking for recipes but nothing caught my eye.  Then I stumbled upon a forum where  people talked about items delivered during their time of need.  Things like bottled water, disposable plates, cups, and paper products. All the stuff you run out of quickly when your house is full of visitors.  I thought this was a great idea.


I decided to make up a gift bag with 4 or 5 boxes of Kleenex, an 8 pack of pocket Kleenex, and a set of Thank You cards.  I figured the tissues won't spoil and she will have lots of Thank You's to send.


Here is a picture of the three designs I came up with.  Now, I know these are a bit colorful for the occasion but he was a colorful guy.  The obituary said to be casual and wear your brightest colors in his honor so I thought these would be a good fit. 


The stripe paper is from Jillibean Watermelon Gazpacho Soup Sprig of Mint.  Whew that was a mouthful!! The sentiment is from PTI Think Big #4.


The heart on this card is punched from a piece of  PTI cork sheet.  I used a copper nail head in the center for a little something extra.  The sentiment is from PTI Botanical Silhouettes.


For this heart I chose to punch two small holes and wrap then with button twine.   This sentiment was from PTI Round and Round.


Thanks for stopping by ~ 
Rebecca

5 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Love this idea, and I'm sure your friend will appreciate anything you do for her. The bright cards will make her day and definitely help with the need for those special thank yous. So sorry for her loss of such a young man!

Luanne said...

How thoughtful! I love the addition of the cork. Lovely gift!

Linda Nicholson said...

What a thoughtful gift! So sorry for your friends loss but I'm sure your thoughtfulness will help lift her spirits.

Linda

carol (krillsister) said...

So sad for your friend to lose her young husband. Love your thank you cards. The cork heart is adorable.

DF said...

Beautiful cards! The fact he was 'colorful' makes these perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...