Two Toned Stamped Flowers

Hello.  I'm here with a Make It Monday card.  Today's caught my eye because I have been stamping two toned peacock feathers lately :)


I followed Melissa's technique when I colored the flowers from Beautiful Blooms II.  I used SU cubes in Lovely Lilac and Orchid Opulence.


The two step SU Wild Rose set was used for the leaves (Amuse grass & moss) and rose buds (Amuse wheat & ocean)  The tall wispy flower is from PTI Life (SU lovely lilac & Amuse heather).  The sentiment is from PTI Damask Designs (Versafine black).


And hiding in the back is that versatile peacock feather.  That makes three very different cards using the same stamp.  I sure am getting my money out of it.  You can see the other cards here & here.


I also wanted to share with you my technique for achieving the multi colored feather.


First I stamped it in Amuse grass.  Then I used a sponge to add color in layers starting with SU really rust and Amuse ocean for the center.


I love the soft blended look.  I can see doing this with quite a few stamps in my collection.


Thanks for stopping by ~
Rebecca

13 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely work. Great colours.

Nicole Parmentier said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you stamped the feather!!

Joni Andaya said...

I love your two-toned stamping :)

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! I love how the peacock feather looks added to your bouquet!

Kathryn A said...

I love the colours you've chosen for your two-toned flowers! And your peacock feather is just the perfect touch!

Helen F. said...

Such a lovely Anniversary bouquet of flowers, Rebecca. Great job on the shaded colors!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Great color combo for those flowers. Still loving that peacock feather. Wish it were a clear stamp.

Katherine said...

Thanks for the deets on the peacock feather. It looks great & do prefer the muted transitions in color that you were able to achieve!

Linda said...

What a stunning card, Rebecca. Love the colors.

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Great take on the challenge, love the peacock feathers :)

PStanley said...

A gorgeous card! Lovely colours and a refreshing mix of flowers (and feather)...A real stand out!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great bouquet you created here! You really are getting a lot out of that stamp!

Gwen said...

Very pretty! I like all the elements; keeps my eyes happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...